The mission of the Minot Police Department Community Outreach Program is to provide the community with educational and informational programs on crime prevention and other law enforcement activities. We strive to enhance our services and participate in many activities and events in the Minot community.
PRESENTATIONS UPON REQUEST
The Community Outreach Program offers numerous informational presentations and public awareness activities that can be conducted upon request from any organization. The Community Outreach Program has the following seminar presentations and services available:
- Robbery Prevention/Mitigation
- Self Protection/Crime Awareness
- Workplace Hostility and Active Threat
- Bicycle Safety and Traffic Safety
- Substance Abuse
- Fraud, Identity Theft, Scams and Internet Safety
If your organization has other presentation topics in mind, contact us to find out how we can help.
Other Services in the Community Outreach Program include:
- Alarm Registration/Permits (See Below)
- National Night Out /Law Day Activities
- Tours, Ride-a-longs, College Internships
- Tobacco Compliance Checks
- Bicycle Licensing
- City of Minot Wildlife Management Program
This service is offered by First District Health Unit-
They are located at: 801 11th Ave SW, Minot, ND 58701
Call: (701) 852-1376
ALARMS AND PERMITS
The City of Minot has an alarm ordinance regarding security alarms which requires you to purchase an alarm permit for your residence / business each year per calendar year (January 1st – December 31st). This permit is $30.00.
Human Error / False Alarm:
- Police Officer response without a permit is $50.00 (waived with permit purchase).
- Police Officer response with a permit, first one is free. Each subsequent human error false alarm will be a $50.00 fee.
Mechanical / Unknown Error:
- 1st time police response is free with a permit.
- 2nd & subsequent alarms are a $50.00 fee per response (however these can be waived with a valid work order from your technician providing you obtain a valid permit).
Methods of payment accepted:
- Money Order
- Credit Card (Visa/Master Card)
We DO NOT recommend sending cash through the mail. Credit card payments may be made over the phone for your convenience.
Renewals are sent out EVERY November.
City of Minot Alarm Ordinances and Alarm Permit applications are available by clicking the links below.
Any questions, please contact the Crime Prevention Unit.