Licensing for the Sale of Alcoholic Beverages

The application for an alcoholic beverage sales license can be found here: Alcoholic Beverage Sales License Application
In addition to the completed form, the following will be required with the application:
  1. Business floor plan, including the location and extent of the licensed premises and the parking area for the business.
  2. Copies of any purchase agreements or lease agreements and organization certificates of registration.
  3. For Ownership transfers, notarized request from current owner(s).
  4. Check for required license fee.
Please contact the City Clerk's Office at 701-857-4752 if you have any questions. 

Submitting Applications

Applications should be submitted to:
City Clerk's Office (City Hall--2nd Floor)
515 2nd Avenue Southwest
Minot, ND 58701

The City Clerk's Office will forward the application to the Police Department, Building Official, and Fire Marshal for review, as required by ordinance. Thereafter, the request will be provided to the City Council for final approval.

In order for the request to be considered in a timely manner, the complete package should be filed with the City Clerk's Office 45 days before the anticipated effective date. The City Clerk's Office will provide the exact dates and times of the meetings when the application is filed. You or a representative of your business should make plans to attend these meetings, if possible.

Additional Information

In addition to the City's license, you must apply for a State license. You should call the Attorney General's Licensing Division at 701-328-2329 to request an application packet.